Wondering how to get started with finding customers to come to your shop? With a SellStream shop, you’re ready to begin!
So what’s the best way to get customer’s?
Well, you need to get your products out in front of the right people who might want to buy the products. Then, you can direct them come to your website for the purchase.
Ok, how do you find those customers to show them your products?
This is called “Website Traffic”.
There are two ways to help you get Website Traffic.
- Optimize your website for Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO
- And start advertising your website and products
So, Good News First
The moment you set up a SellStream shop, your shop website and all of your products are automatically added to SellStream’s SEO strategies.
Also, SellStream has optimized your website for SEO as well by making it mobile friendly, giving you a custom and secure domain, and providing SEO friendly URLs for all of your products.
And while that will be helpful, it can also take a few weeks for these SEO features to help generate traffic on your website, so we recommend getting started on doing some things on your own to help bump up traffic. You do this by “Advertising”.
Probably the best avenue to start advertising is through Facebook ads
- You get to advertise to not only your own circle of friends and family, but you can advertise to people that have similar interests that you can set up in the ad.
- You can also start advertising on Google and Bing as well, but those are a little more expensive.There are some companies that can help with setting that up, but we have found that advertising on Facebook is a good place to start.
To get started with Facebook ads, you will need to create a Facebook page for your business, if you don’t have one already. This not only allows you start advertising, but it creates your brand on social media, which makes your business look more legitimate and trustworthy.
- Here is the link to see how to create a Facebook page.
Once you have your facebook page set up, you can begin advertising on Facebook.
Here are some ideas of what to use for your ads:
- You can promote your new business
- Announce to the world that you are ready to begin providing excellent products
- You can promote a particular item
- Pick a unique or trending product item and advertise it
- You can promote a sale
- Keep in mind that the wholesale price for your discounted items will remain the same from the supplier.
Let the Facebook ads run for about a week or two, and then you can evaluate if you need to make some adjustments or increase the amount you are spending per day.
Show your customers that you are a good shop owner, so they will want to come back to buy more of your products.